What You Will Be Doing
Building effective relationships with existing and new clients and suppliers, marketing the company and its services to existing and new clients, engineers, planners, and other potential contacts, advising clients about new and effective products and services, actively seeking out new opportunities, projects and clients for Miller and estimating and obtaining new projects.
Maximizing profitability of projects while building positive relationships and a positive image for the company, achieving and exceeding financial profit of projects, maximizing project cash-flow through careful planning and implementation of project, and leading the preplanning of projects to ensure project success.
Writing quotations and project proposals, administering of contracts, negotiating and obtaining of contracts, setting up projects in relevant software applications, preparing tenders for subcontractors and suppliers, awarding subcontracts with relevant management approvals and working with general contractors and consultants to ensure success on current projects and future work.
Scheduling manpower, equipment and material for project, ordering material to ensure material is available when necessary, deciding on which equipment and tools to use, managing manpower while building positive relationships with crew and foreman; interviewing and hiring new foremen and staff as required, supervising foremen and attending regular site meetings.
Managing project, labor and materials to achieve project outcomes, continuously monitoring projects and reporting project progress on a monthly basis, taking corrective action when necessary and solving problems and roadblocks to achieve or exceed project targets, and effectively controlling project costs.
Ensuring quality of workmanship is to company standards, enforce company’s safety policy and identify areas for improvement, providing effective training for foremen and ensuring correct training levels for other staff including apprentices and new employees, and ensuring that all electrical codes, safety codes and proper work practices are followed.
Documentation of project, including the approval of shop drawings, ensuring timely and effective billings, estimating, reviewing, pricing and submitting of all change orders, providing accurate forecasting and project reporting, and effectively closing out of projects.
What You Need for this Position
2. Proficient computer skills, including email, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics and accounting software.
3. Mathematics – Using mathematics to solve problems. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
4. Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
5. Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
6. Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
7. Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
8. Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
9. Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
10. Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
11. Troubleshooting – Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
What’s In It for You