ENGINEERING APPRENTICE – Ireland (Car driver essential)
SUMMARY: Under direct supervision, learns & performs a wide variety of technical duties within the Engineering & Field Service departments whilst attending block periods at collage to obtain OEM Apprenticeship Certification. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To complete a programme of training to be conducted within the Engineering, Tech Support, and Field Service departments.
- To assist & become proficient in the build and testing of critical systems.
- To be competent in the use of Test Equipment (DVM, Radiation meters and PAC tester).
- To attend internal product training.
- To assist in the repair & maintenance of systems within Field Service.
- Block release at collage leading to a recognized OEM Apprenticeship qualification.
- Carrying out such tasks and duties as directed by the Technical Manager / Regional Supervisor that are calculated to contribute to the requisite levels of performance and competence.
OTHER RELATED ACTIVITIES AND ACTIONS:
To assist with technical duties in other Engineering departments, if requested by the Technical Manager, in liaison with the Regional Supervisor, due to variations in workload, staff shortages or re-organisation.
BASIC TERMS & CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The post is offered on a fixed term contract for the duration of the apprenticeship at a salary of £15,000 per annum.
There will be an entitlement to 25 days Holiday plus Bank holidays .