Michael Page Engineering & Manufacturing are partnering with a successful materials management business, to recruit an Engineering Manager to their Nottinghamshire site. They are market leaders within the materials management/processing industry and are experiencing rapid, yet sustained growth and therefore looking to expand and strengthen their existing team.
The Engineering Manager of this Nottinghamshire based business will be vital in driving a reliability centred maintenance strategy. The successful individual will be driven to implement a robust and solid engineering function, and having previous experience from a fast-moving continuous or batch processing environment would be highly advantageous.
The Engineering Manager for this Nottinghamshire based business will have the following key responsibilities:
- Manage a team of multi-skilled maintenance personnel and contractors to deliver the requisite level of Planned Preventative Maintenance.
- Manager all aspects of refurbishment and replacement of process equipment to support the Operations team in delivering optimised Plant Availability and Throughput.
- Deliver a maintenance strategy derived from OEM recommendations, implement a regular PPM schedule and continuously reviews asset performance to minimise
- Ensure that the Computerised Maintenance Management System is maintained, developed and actions processed
- Monitor Mobile plant reliability and Uptime and hold regular meetings with main OEM’s
- Oversee the development of Apprentices to ensure off-site learning attendance and performance achieved and on-site experience is suitably supervised.
- Continually review Critical Spare Parts inventory and confirm regular monthly stock checks to avoid production losses through lack of availability of parts and financial write downs.
The successful Engineering Manager for this Nottinghamshire based business will have the following attributes:
- 5+ years management experience, within a fast paced, heavy manufacturing environment – with a proven track record of driving challenging KPIs
- Mechanical or Electrical engineer qualified to minimum HNC level or above
- Experience and working understanding of electrical systems / plant automation controls and sequencing
- Previous background in fast-moving continuous or batch processing environment with heavy industrial equipment and automation.
- Good verbal communication skills, to ensure effective communication across all levels and externally
Competitive salary, apply for more information.