Front End Engineering Manager for a Global Web-casting cloud platform startup in San Francisco, Ca.
A global leader in webinar-based marketing solutions that drive demand generation and customer engagement. Its patented cloud-based platform features interactive and immersive user interface and industry-leading webinar analytics for events, campaigns and benchmarking. Providing one-click access from any computer or mobile device, our award-winning solutions are integrated with leading CRM and marketing automation platforms, enabling marketers to optimize demand generation, enhance lead qualification and accelerate opportunities in their sales pipelines.
As a manager, you will being be leading a distributed team of front-end engineers across multiple products. The team owns the frontend stack for two of our most visible products. You will be responsible for the growth of the team members and the technology roadmap for these products.
- Manage performance and growth of the team
- Propose & implement practices to grow technology aptitude of the team.
- Participate with senior management in developing a long-term technology roadmap and modernize the technology stack.
- Work with product management team to define quarterly release goals.
- Contribute and collaborate with the team to architect and implement major technology initiatives
- Establish development practices to improve software quality and pace of development
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to developers
- Contribute to risk identification and risk mitigation strategies associated with the architecture
- Evangelize and advocate for better technologies and tools
- 3+ years engineering leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- Deep understanding of frontend development landscape
- Experience leading projects involving migration of technology stack
- Proven experience in mentoring team members
- Experience designing and developing using Node.js & NPM modules
- Experience working with video streaming protocols like MPEG-DASH, HLS, WebRTC
- Discipline to document ideas and code in a clear, comprehensive and organized manner
- Self-starter, proactive, positive, creative, and flexible
Location: San Francisco, Ca
Type: Full Time