IT Technical Support Engineer – End User Services
Microsoft Technology, Windows, Active Directory, Group Policy, SCCM, MS Office & Office 365. MS Exchange, SLA’s, Windows Servers, Service Desk
£28,000pa to £30,000 + Pension + Overtime
Global Enterprise and Shared Services organisation urgently requires an experienced and proactive End User Services Engineer to assist and support across multiple functions in their West Midlands HQ.
Your role as the “End User Services” IT Support Engineer will be to provide IT support for all end user devices such as Mobiles, Tablets and PC’s.
Windows Server expertise will be highly advantageous!
You will action technical incidents and requests and be the technical conduit providing an interface for your IT Service Desk, Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management and Service Delivery Management functions.
You will assist the team in the resolution of Incidents and Requests assigned by your Service Desk and your Senior Engineers. And you will ensure that escalations and resolutions in accordance with Service Level Agreements are met.
Your Technical skills will need to include:
- Solid IT hardware knowledge (inc HP, Dell, Samsung, Microsoft, Apple)
- Accessing and configuring Firmware/BIOS to set standards
- Installing / updating / remediating (Microsoft Windows /7/10)
- SCCM, Active Directory, Group Policy,
- Installing / updating / remediating (Microsoft Office 2007/10/13/16, Microsoft Office 365)
- Enterprise management systems – device updates/software install (Microsoft SCCM, McAfee ePO)
- Windows Servers 2012 & 2016.
- Enterprise deployment – device pre-boot configuration
- Booting devices running device build sequences (Microsoft SCCM, Microsoft MDT)
- Mobile Device Management experience (AirWatch, Microsoft Intune)
- Encryption systems – device enrolment, device encryption/decryption and device/user (Microsoft MBAM, McAfee ePO, BeCrypt Enterprise)
- Service management tool experience – Accessing, updating, closing calls (LANDesk Service Desk)
- Telephony end point support (Avaya)- Handset configuration, extension allocation
- Active Directory administration experience – Create, modify, delete user and device accounts, groups.
Your responsibilities will be:
- To support the EUS Infrastructure Manager and Senior Engineers in the development and implementation of team, departmental and business wide service improvement plans and technical refresh/remediation plans
- To support the planning and implementation of the EUS strategic plans.
- To carry out Root Cause Analysis activities for the team.
- To apply your effective personal Time Management and Planning to ensure all duties and activities are completed in a timely manner
- To be proactive and notifying others of any changes to completion times/dates.
This is an excellent role for career minded and enthusiastic IT Engineers who seek to rise above their peers and pursue a higher level within a global leader.