Mad Science Is Hiring! Part Time – Non-traditional Schedule You are:
- Flexible, creative, engaging and have excellent verbal communication skills.
- You love children, science, teaching and/or acting.
- You own a car.
- You often say things like, “I got that.” “I have an idea.” “Let me take the lead on that.” and “I handled that. What next?”
- You thrive in environments where you get a lot of support but function with a great deal of autonomy.
- You are excited by non-traditional work schedules because you love the gig economy!
- You aren’t afraid to try new things and you love variety.
- A team of STEM-loving folks who spend our days transforming laboratory science into fun, interactive learning experiences for youth from Pre-K to 6th grade.
- We believe in working smart and having a good time.
- We all wear many hats and we work collaboratively to get things done and ensure that our students and their families are thrilled by their learning experience.
The Job:Is different. We know it. We hope that’s exciting to you! You can work anywhere from 2 days to 5 days a week teaching a science workshops during afternoon hours. What will you do?
- You will drive (in the car you own) to a school,daycare or park and rec
- You will lead typically a one hour exciting, immersive and interactive science lesson (after a lot of paid training so that you feel totally comfortable in all ways)
Pay:Instructing $30 – $40 per class. We also offer paid training, mileage, provide all supplies and uniforms and compensate for a weekly kit exchange. Other Tidbits:
- You really do need to own a car. This position demands it. Please don’t apply if you don’t own a car. It’s a deal breaker for now.
- There are a ton of opportunities for you take on additional work and hours when and if you need them. Think: birthday parties and special events.
- You have to pass a background check
Interested Apply on line on our website at milwaukee.madscience.org , click on the work for us tab
Job Summary At Mad Science we are having a BLAST! We pay you to have fun! Build and fly rockets, demonstrate lasers, explore the states of matter using dry ice, and help children…
At Mad Science we are having a BLAST! We pay you to have fun! Build and fly rockets, demonstrate lasers, explore the states of matter using dry ice, and help children create slime …
Instructor needed! You do NOT need to be a certified teacher, nor do you need to be a science major. You MUST: – Have an up-beat, dynamic, child-friendly personality and a desire…