The Digital Solutions and Enablement team are accountable for the creation, configuration, launch, and support of all externally facing digital (web, mobile, omni-channel, & device) products, platforms, services, and experiences, servicing all external customer types at Pfizer.
In addition, the DS&E team is accountable for our Marketing Technology (Martech stack) inclusive of Digital Platforms, Digital Channel Enablement, Content Integration, and Marketing/Marketer Tools and for driving Digital Enablement within Pfizer, including Robotic Process Automation, Intelligent Assistants and Workforce Productivity tools.
Leading a global team of Hybrid mobile developers in a highly performant DevOps team. Responsible for the technical strategy and technical skill set to deliver on the application vision and business needs.
The primary responsibilities of this position will be providing deep Hybrid mobile technical knowledge combined with solid technical leadership across the platform team ensuring a successful and impactful delivery of mobile applications. This role will be responsible for contract technical delivery resources. This means:
- A detailed understanding of the mobile technical landscape, both inside and outside of Pfizer. You will have demonstrable domain expertise in Hybrid development and/or multiple of our mobile foundational technologies/areas such as native and hybrid. In addition to being a technical SME, this role requires a deep understanding of the business side and is able to successfully translate this knowledge into day to day decision-making.
- The Mobile Developer – Hybrid has total autonomy to make platform decisions for the mobile application which will have an impact across all BU’s & business teams that make use of this application. Your primary focus will be making correct decisions and improvements needed for the application, but it is also imperative that you share knowledge and gather multiple inputs to make decisions. As a result, you will both disseminate and actively encourage sharing knowledge among the teams.
- In collaboration with the DevOps Platform Lead, the role will be responsible for skills management of all Hybrid technical resources on the team, ensuring the talent pool is appropriate for current and future needs.
- Primarily responsible for the technical design, development, release management, code quality, CI integration and usage of Hybrid mobile applications.
- Establish close partnerships with relevant Platform Engineering and Operations colleagues to ensure alignment in all areas of development strategy, process, operational needs, DevOps culture and other areas relevant to excellence in the asset lifecycle of assets in the portfolio.
- Embrace a DevOps mentality and ensure the model’s success, building a culture of shared responsibility and transparency leading to higher quality and far quicker delivery of output. Take part in the culture of measurement, learning and feedback.
- Use industry standards and experience to ensure that security is a key part of projects from the beginning and that the project/program fully embraces a DevSecOps and shift-left on security mentality.
- A Bachelor Degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience with increasing responsibility in a lead mobile engineering related role.
- Relevant experience as an information technology professional in roles such as a software architect and/or mobile developer, systems engineer, computer engineer, engineering lead, mobile technical team lead. Experience managing teams including the financials of contract or colleague resources.
- Detail oriented, persistent, strong desire to produce quality mobile applications focused on user experience.
- Experience operating in a DevOps environment.
- Practice of modern software engineering, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and releasing.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git.
- Strong understanding of object oriented programming.
- Experience and knowledge of RESTful APIs.
- Deep understanding of the Ionic and/or Angular frameworks, design principles and mobile interface guidelines.
- Experienced in Mobile Native UI, Networking, Persistency, Multithreading, Performance, Push Notifications, Concurrency, Offline Storage and Security.
- Experience with NodeJS, React Native and/or Vue an asset.
- Proven experience with successfully launched Hybrid applications.
- Experience with Atlassian (Jira, Confluence), GitHub, Amazon Web Services (AWS), and cloud application a bonus.
- Experience with a Mobile Device Management platform an asset.
- As above and including Bachelor of Science degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Engineering, Technology Management or relevant disciplines.
- Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to establish relationships, influence outcomes, and deliver effective presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work with others in a constructive and collaborative manner and influence resources outside of the immediate span of control.
- Ability to lead in a complex, matrix environment with geographically distributed resources.
- Experienced in driving good practices, code reviews and mentor people in writing maintainable and scalable mobile code.
- Ability to take a systematic approach to estimation of Hybrid mobile technical projects.
- Excellent skills in analysis, critical thinking and planning, oral and written communication, consensus building, facilitation, negotiation and the ability to readily learn a new business area.
- Technology solutions delivery in a pharmaceutical or regulated environment a bonus.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Travel is a key part of this role as it is a virtual position. Expectations around travel will vary but you will need to be capable of travel within the region and to other regions.
- Our business is a 7x24x365 endeavor. This role may on occasion require physical or virtual participation on a weekend, holiday, or after normal business hours.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.