- Lead Engineering team on new product development projects.
- Generate new product development schedule milestones, develop and manage
project budget, and manage Engineering team activities, from new productconcept to implementation into Manufacturing.
- Direct interface with domestic and offshore Contract Manufacturers
involved with new product development and transition into volumemanufacturing. Sustaining_Products_Project_Management
- Assist Manufacturing with management of legacy products which have
transitioned into volume production.
- Manage Engineering team which supports assembly processes,
troubleshooting, product problems, and Supply Chain flow.
- Assist with field product support as required by product repair centers.
- Assist in department administration including (but not limited to) vendor
contracts and export control classification of technical data andhardware.
- Plan and manage multiple engineering projects for the development of
infrared cameras and accessories.
- Manage project milestones, budget performance, deliverable and quality,
report project status using department process, tools and metrics.
- Develop risk management and tracking plan for all aspects of project
- Regular interaction with Product Management to define product
requirements and control changes to established specifications.
- Develop recovery plans and work with Engineering team to address
technical challenges with both new products and products in production.
- Coordinate activities and development plans with internal organization
and contract manufacturers to insure development objectives and smoothtransition into production.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers and Technicians to insure efficient
predictable delivery of products in production
- Repair Center/Sales rep. Support
- Work with Global Trade Compliance office to correctly classify
information and hardware for exportRequirements
- 4-year degree (Engineering or science desirable)
- Minimum 5 years experience with at least 1 year managing projects an
- Minimum 3 years experience from manufacturing industry
- Strong documentation and communication skills
- Must be a US Person: US Citizen or US Permanent Resident required
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high attention to
- Experience from international teams/projects
- Experience from whole product life cycle from development to full rate
- Ability to coordinate activities of cross-functional Team.
- Self-directed, has initiative and ability to multi-task.
- Formal Project Management training or other similar training
- Management experience desired but not required
- Less than 10% travel
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with thehighest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions. FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.