Julian Electric- Improving our customers’ experience through reliable manufacturing and personal service since 1959.
Julian Electric is looking for success driven individuals looking to jump start their career. Want to be part of a company that has unlimited growth potential for you? Looking to make your mark and see instant results of the work that you produce? Then this is the place for you.
The Production Planner plans and schedules work-flow for production area. Monitors customers’ requests and production needs to adjust schedules accordingly. Expedites operations to prevent delays and alters schedules to meet unforeseen challenges. Develops and executes production planning schedules. Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills in inventory management, production scheduling, mathematics and statistical data analysis. Ability to work with shop floor routings. Ability to work in a team environment and interact with all levels of the organization is needed. Experience with MRP, ERP, or EPICOR is preferred.
- Confirms orders to Customer Service, taking into consideration tool, machine and material availability.
- Works with CSR to expedite, resolve all orders issues and advises status of orders
- Issue and track work orders for assigned product lines based on MRP analysis
- Manage master production schedule to meet customer shipments deadline and sufficient stock levels
- Work and communicate with various departments to develop daily, weekly and monthly production schedules using MRP systems
- Schedules all manufacturing work centers to optimize utilization, capacity, material availability and manufacturing efficiencies.
- Communicate all changes to production floor
- Analyze actual production vs. planned schedules using information derived from MRP/ERP and other production control reports
- Communicates lead time and potential production issues to Materials Manager & Plant Manager in a timely manner
- Establishes expedite priorities with buyers and assists them as necessary
- Effectively update manufacturing schedule as demands to ensure that production is prioritized, meeting external and internal customer demands
- Closely monitors labor tickets and inventory transaction entries
- Provides continuous improvement of the planning and reporting processes
- All other items deemed necessary by JEI management
- Provide ship dates for customer orders based on work center availability, component material availability and customer requested dates
- Review sales forecasts, customer demands, min/max/customer inventory, and schedule production batches based on inventory levels and production lead times
- identify past due Production Orders and work with the Production Manager to identify new completion dates, make necessary adjustments
- Timely response to Customer Service Representative on ship date confirmation (within 24hours)
- Stop production for any safety or quality-related concerns
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Engineering or demonstrated work ability
(b) Required Competencies:
- Lean Tools and 5’S.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and respect
- Use of an ERP system and Microsoft Office
- To perform this position successfully, an individual should have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Outlook, and intermediate to advanced level Excel spreadsheet skills. Database Management skills and experience preferred.