- Analyze local business needs, local country and regional IT systems, local market needs including locale, data regulatory needs and present proposals that include high level technical solutions, estimates and project plans.
- Converts business problems into programming instructions.
- Designs and codes programs; creates test transactions and runs tests; revises as necessary.
- Monitors operating efficiency of existing application systems.
- Maintains records to document program development and revisions.
- Provide technical support to project teams throughout project lifecycle
- Provide governance over project teams to ensure standards and best practices are being followed.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:Required:
- Minimum of 6+ years of design and development experience in web application UI
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Strong understanding of CS fundamentals & Object Oriented Design
- Demonstrated experience in client-side and server-side technologies such as HTML5, CSS3, ECMAScript, SASS, LESS and Java script frameworks
- Experience with Waterfall and Iterative development methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in Configuration Management, DevOps automation
- Experience with MongoDB
- Highly motivated and thrive in an environment where problems are open-ended.
- Enjoy engaging in passionate discussions with people and letting the best ideas rise to the top.
- Excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning and playing with the latest technologies
- Working independently and able to manage large scale projects
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace. For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job. Requisition #: 111511