This position will supervise a team of technicians, within a laboratory environment, that provide support for the Engineering Department of Leviton’s Residential Business Unit. The supervisor will be knowledgeable in automated testing and data collection. This individual will be responsible to manage the day to day work of the lab, supporting product functional testing, technician assistance to design engineering, reliability testing, lab maintenance and product assembly.
- Organize and distribute work of the technical staff to support the different needs of the engineering department
- Resolve priorities and maintain throughput. Identify and resolve bottlenecks delaying completion of tasks
- Identify and implement opportunities to automate testing and/ or data collection to improve test repeatability, reduce test time or reduce labor.
- Design and development of test fixtures and test procedures to optimize testing.
- Execute reliability engineering test programs through HALT testing methods.
- General maintenance of the engineering lab including equipment repair, calibration, inventory, organization
- Be an expert on the use of all equipment and test methods
- Approval of test procedures for new products
- Assist engineers in troubleshooting, diagnosis, and replication of product failures
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of a BS degree in electronics or electrical engineering technology
- 5 plus years of experience in a product development environment
- Experience with electronics lab equipment
- Experience in product development testing
- Experience with automated test and data collection using National Instruments equipment and software
- Familiarity with reliability engineering is a plus
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to interpret test results, provide data analysis and create written reports
- Able to operate lab equipment including oscilloscopes, power supplies, frequency generators, network analyzers
- Knowledgeable in lab safety, test methods, measurement accuracy
- Familiar with Schematic Capture and PCB layout. Altium experience is a plus.
- Must be able to read and interpret schematics and specifications
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Good organizational skills
- Good communication skills, with the ability to interact with all levels of management
- Capable of creating technical/procedural documentation
Leviton is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.